A beautiful and modern lodge set within beautiful countryside, complete with private hot tub
The Retreat is a brand new, luxurious and modern home away from home set in a rural idyll. The property is furnished to very high standards throughout. The large windows and open-plan layout offer you an abundance of natural light and an amazing sense of space. On colder evenings you can cosy up using the wood burning stove.
Outside there is a private decked area with a hot tub- a fabulous spot for relaxing in the evenings while gazing at the stars.
The Retreat is located within a 14-acre estate of Strawberryfield Park. At The Retreat, you are perfectly positioned for visiting some of the most famous locations in Somerset. Only a short drive away is Cheddar Gorge. The Gorge is the site of the Cheddar show caves where Britain’s oldest complete human skeleton, Cheddar Man, was found in 1903. Also nearby is Wooky Hole Caves, Longleat House and Safari Park.
The historic and romantic city of Wells is also within striking distance, giving you access to breath-taking cathedrals, Bishop’s Palace and The Wells Market Place where you will find lively markets twice a week.
The scenic and stunning Georgian City of Bath, with some of the UK’s most famous places of culture and historical interests, can be easily reached by car. Roman Baths,Bath Abbey, Pultney Bridge and Sydney Gardens are some of the best-known places waiting for you to explore and enjoy.
The Retreat offers you the best of all worlds- luxury, comfort, relaxation, glorious countryside and historical places of interest. It’s all here!
- Spacious, open plan living, kitchen and dining area with access to the terrace
- Two sofas each seating two
- 40″ Flatscreen TV with Freeview and Blu-ray player
- A selection of CD’s, books and board games
- Wood burning stove
- Open plan living, kitchen and dining area
- Fitted with modern appliances including an electric oven, electric grill, gas hob, microwave, fridge, freezer and dishwasher
- Fully equipped with a range of utensils and accessories
- Breakfast bar with seating for two
- Table and chairs seating four
- Spacious room with dressing area
- King-size bed, bedside table with lamps and integrated wardrobe with shelves
- Separate dressing area with table and mirror with seating for one
- 32″ flatscreen TV with Freeview
- En suite
- Comfortable room suitable for adults or children
- Furnished with twin beds and integrated wardrobe
- Bed can be configured as a Super-King on request
- Bedside tables with lamps
- 32″ flatscreen TV
- Bath with shower over
- En suite for master bedroom features a walk-in double shower cubicle
- Communal parkland and small orchard for guests of the lodge park
- Seven acres of fields, ideal for walking
- Private decked area offering amazing views from the hot tub with mood lighting
- Decked area furnished with table and four chairs
- Allocated parking for one car
- Further parking 40 metres from the lodge